Little Green Man
Through her muse, a young woman defines her artistic integrity in an abstract landscape.
Using the Marvel Method (Wikipedia definition | Stan Lee explaination), I created finished art around audience particpation. The entire process couldn't've been more than 30 minutes. (Though I spent another hour or two this month finishing the inks and coloring).
Who'd ever think a single comic book panel could have this much back story? Without further ado, please enjoy "Little Green Man"!
Tools and Materials
- 10" x 15" live area on 14" x 17" bristol paper
- Speedball Super Black India Ink
- Short-handle round #4 sable brush
- Ruling pen (borders)
- Speedball nib #512 (buildings, details)
- Speedball C6 and B6 (lettering)
- Ames Lettering Guide (setting 3.5 even-spaced)
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 (production, color)
Dave "Dancing to his Own Damn Muse" Marshall